Qualifying for Angel Bus
To qualify for assistance by Angel Bus passengers must:
1. Have financial need for assistance
2. Be medically cleared to travel
3. Be ambulatory and able to get in and out of a vehicle with little or no assistance
4. Not require medical care en route.
5. Not have a communicable disease
6. If oxygen is required, it must be provided by the patient and be in a Dept. of Transportation pressure test approved bottle.
Angel Bus passengers may be of any age, whether a child requiring access to medical treatment in another area of the country or an adult requiring travel for specialized treatment at a distant location.
Angel Bus recipients must answer several health questions in order for the staff to assess the client’s fitness for travel. If the answers to any of these questions suggest a problem may exist, written permission must be obtained from the passenger’s physician.
In helping people, we also make safety our highest priority. It is important to have alternative travel options if possible in the event a transport is delayed or cancelled due to technical or weather challenges.